Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Back to Glogster

As I previously mentioned my new topic for the remainder of the semester is Glogster. I posted all about Glogster two weeks ago. If you missed that post, you can find it here. Today, I felt it may be beneficial for you to see more examples of actual Glogs. I think in order to truly appreciate and understand what Glogster is - one needs to see examples. Lots of examples. So, please enjoy this resource: Glogpedia.

On a side note, today is election day! There are so many amazing election day resources online for teachers (or Americans!), no matter what your content area (you can incorporate the election into any content area!), online! Many of them Web 2.0 resources (woot! a throw back to my first blog topic this semester). Blogs, news sites, candidate sites, twitter, FB, instagram, live results. The endless list and amount of sites is cray-cray (using "cray-cray" is likely to casual for this grad school blog but I'm on a voting high!). So, yah, get out there and vote...and use some of these amazing sources to teach 21st century skills in your classroom! I have chosen not to list any specific sites because there are simply to many and I don't want to start a political discussion, debate or worse. No propaganda. ;) Just turn to Google my friends - or post you favorite site or way you incorporate the election coupled with technology in your classroom on a comment below.

Go Vote,
Sara :)

4 comments:

  1. Took the kiddos with us to vote yesterday. Yeah! Was woken up by a million texts at 2:30 am ....sleepy today.

    Before tonight I had never even peaked at Glogster. I like it! It's like a talking infographic. I'm thinking this might come in handy for some science fair projects this year. Hmmm....

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear you took your girls to vote AND that this is a useful resource for you. :)

      Delete
  2. It was a really good idea to share the example Glogsters. I enjoyed the one about chocolate. These do seem like pretty in depth projects though. What ages would you recommend using it with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you could use in elementary classrooms, but, obviously, the Glogs would need to be more simplistic!

      Delete